Instrumental Music Program
Latest News at Instrumental Music Program
Back to Band SCB reunion cancelled
Posted on 23 Jun 2020Back to Band SCB reunion cancelled
So sad to cancel this event for the first time but we will be back - might even have a band get together at the end of the year for a fun gig instead - watch this space and also our instagram page - imp_canberra
System Bands and Choirs
Posted on 15 May 2020System Bands and choirs returning?
NOT YET is the answer - we will let you know when we can rehearse again soon. Keep singing and playing your instruments at home and accessing your google classrooms for music and meets.
Posted on 04 May 2020Need help with your instrument or music?
If your instrument has issues or you need other assistance then please contact the IMP office on 6142 0477 or email email@example.com for assistance.
IMP office closed during school holidays
Posted on 09 Apr 2020
The IMP office will be closed over the April School holidays.
Urgent matters email firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours in Term 2 are yet to be confirmed - check back here in term 2.
Thanks for your support, Naida Blackley and IMP team
Posted on 23 Mar 2020Instrument not working or other issues?
Contact the Instrumental Music Program team about swapping your instrument if it is having issues.
Wait for a reply before you come out to the program office inside UC High School Kaleen, Baldwin Drive Kaleen.
We will arrange an instrument swap through our office in a safe and organised manner.
Contact our local music retailers about reeds - directly or online if you need more.
Keep playing - we will be posting online music and activities in your google classrooms
What are the aims of IMPACT?
- To enhance the education of children through their involvement in a quality music program.
- To provide a strong motivation for children to continue to engage in music activities.
- To develop cooperative learning, social interaction and performance skills.
- To develop in children an awareness and appreciation of many musical styles and genres.
- To develop instrumental and ensemble skills.
- To encourage children to strive for excellence.