Instrumental Music Program for Parents and Visitors
The first and most important statement to make clear is that the Instrumental Music Program does not run school bands.
The Instrumental Music Program operates Instrumental Music classes in 60 ACT Education Directorate primary schools and 7 secondary schools across the ACT. 2021 schools
The Instrumental Music classes (band) have a maximum class size of 22 students. For the process used for selecting students
We also have information about matching students and instruments here.
There are documents available that may be of interest if you want to find out details of the Program's operation.
- The first is the snapshot looking at the mechanics of the program. The ACT Directorate of Education's Instrumental Music Program snapshot
- The next document is the - Notes for Parents - as issued at meetings at the beginning of the band year.
- Looking to find out a little about the history of the IMP - try the Background and Rationale Paper
- Also - looking for other bands/ensembles/choirs for your student to join in ACT community - community ensembles
- Music and the brain - brochure.pdf (270.8 KB)
- Here is IMP achievement summary for 2019
|Students in IMP Programs - over 2300 ACT public school students|
|Schools in IMP Programs - 60 primary schools, 7 high schools|
|Staff - 10 teaching staff, 1 admin officer as well as 3 Executive Teachers, 1 Principal|
|System Bands - 3 after hours extension bands plus percussion ensemble, primary and senior choir & jazz band|
Non band programs - Ukulele (4)
Instruments - 2800 at last count
|Band Scores - 2500 at last count|
If you have other questions please contact the Principal on 02 61420477 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org