ARTS UP FRONT 2021
Saturday 27 February 2021 at Dickson College
Registrations have now closed.
Please contact Renee.Newton@ed.act.edu.au if required
Limited capacity in 2021 due to COVID19. 110 participants only.
This year we will not be able to host a key note presentation, however we will still be holding three workshops throughout the day. Ticket price includes your choice of three workshops, morning tea, lunch, tea, coffee and a limited edition Arts Up Front Showbag.
Arts Up Front is an accredited PL provider. 5 hours of TQI can be accredited for this conference
- Permanent/part-time/contract teachers - $140
- Organisation - $140
- Casual relief teachers - $120
- Pre-Service Teachers- $100
- Presenter - $90
Our workshop presenters this year are:
1. Street Art With Geoff Filmer- A street art workshop with a secondary focus
2. Connections and Painting with Marrawuy Journeys- learn ways to express and explore indigenous stories in this workshop- primary and secondary focus.
3.Recyclable and Sustainable wearable design with Ingrid from Kin Gallery - Making the most of what you have. a sustainable and affordable workshop for classrooms to explore wearable designs and natural materials. Primary and secondary focus.
4.Wildflower Stitching with Sharon Peoples- explore stitching and looking at our environment in detail using fabrics and stitching as a medium. Primary and secondary focus.
1. Bollywood with Michelle Bray- explore traditional Bollywood style with in this workshop. Secondary student focus
2. Synery = Arts + Science, DanceKids with Sue Jones - Explore the powerful combination of Dance and Science with Sue. This workshop has a Early childhood and lower primary focus.
3. Hip Hop With Project Beats- Learn and extend your hip hop knowledge with Project Beats. Primary and secondary focus.
1. Confident Classrooms with Budding Theatre- Explore ways to build student confidence in presentation and expression in and outside of the drama classroom- Secondary student focus
2. Envrio Puppets with Marianne Metters - Using sustainable materails, learn how to construct and animate puppets. Primary focus workshop
3. Musical Theatre with Amy Dunham- Learn ways to explore and incorporate musical theatre into the drama classroom- primary and secondary focus
1. ZBrush with Australian Interactive Entertainment (AIE) - This session is off site at AIE Watson- learn ZBrush with the team at AIE. This workshop has a secondary focus
2. Camera Phone Technology with PhotoAccess -How to get the most out of your smartphone camera? In this exciting hands-on workshop you will be taught a number of different approaches to storytelling with your smartphone. Learn how to make better compostions, how to control focus and exposure and use natural light to make great images.- Upper secondary focus
3. Learning and Access with Canberra Museum and Gallery (CMAG)- This session is off site at CMAG London Circuit Canberra City- Explore the educational resources at CMAG- primary focus
1. Song writing with children with CJ Shaw- Get together with CJ and explore the process of writing songs with students- Primary focus
2. Kit Drumming for schools with Steve Fitzgerald- Not sure of your high hat from your kick drum? Learn the basics with Steve- secondary focus
3. Rock Guitar for beginners with Aron Lyons- Move past air guitar champion in the workshop. Primary and secondary focus- BYO guitar
More information about workshops will be posted here closer to the opening of registrations in week 0 2021. Keep an eye on our facebook page for current developments.
Timetable released soon.
For further information please contact the conference organiser, Renee Newton.
Limelight@ed.act.edu.au or 6142 0480